Here is a list of my favourite essential items that have helped me so far in my journey through motherhood.
1. Triangle nursing pillow: this has helped me so much alhamdolilah, and I have found many uses for it such as a pregnancy bump comforter (used as one of my many pillows to get comfy at night) - it helps to prop the baby up for breastfeeding too and it is also now my daughter's pillow, she loves it! I'm not sure where mine is from as it was very kindly gifted to me but this one looks just as good.
2. Fisher Price Cradle Swing: Babies love motion. It is what they are used to and fortunately for us, contraptions such as these are available and are able to do the rocking for us while we can get on with our day to day chores. My baby is 10 months now and I've only just put it away, so it lasts a good while Ma sha Allaah.
3. Joie Mimzy Snacker High Chair: High chairs are a must as soon as your baby is sat up and onto there solids. You're going to need all the help you can get trying to feed them without getting food everyhwere. This particular high chair is brilliant as it folds up very easily, cleans easily and looks quite stylish. For the price of £40 (some shops may vary), it's not bad at all .
4. Baby monitors: For the times you want eyes at the back of your head, and let's face it, that's almost every moment of your day when your a mother. This monitor is particularly good.
6. Tommy Tippee Grooming Kit: Although I would not recommend the thermometer in this kit, I think in general it's nice to have the essential tools for keeping on top of your baby's hygiene.